To be started after pain relief and after acute phase For strengthening the Neck Muscles
It is done in conditions like-
- In pinched nerve in the neck
- In cervical radiculopathy
- To make the neck stronger, to strengthen the cervical muscles
- In cervical muscle strain for better neck posture
- In the cervical spine, we are looking to increase the range of motion in
- Flexion (bringing your head and neck downwards)
- Extension (bringing your head and neck back-looking up the ceiling)
- Lateral flexion (right ear to the right shoulder, same on the left)
Next part of the program is called Rotation of the Cervical Spine. In this exercise, you have to turn your head to the right as far as you possibly can, trying to bring your chin over your shoulders. When you are doing this neck exercise, do not bring up your shoulders. Hold this position for 3 to 5 seconds. Next, do this on the left side of the neck and repeat for 5 times.
Strengthening the neck muscles
These neck exercises will help to make your neck stronger. Neck muscles include your cervical paraspinal muscles and suboccipital muscles. These exercises the static contraction of a muscle without any visible movement in the angle of the joint. In simple terms, this means that in these exercises the length of the muscle does not change.
Press your palms against your forehead and push against each other. Resisting motion. Hold this position for 5 seconds and repeat this exercise 3 times.
In the next cervical strengthening exercise place your hand against the side of your head. Try to bring your ear to your shoulder. Resisting the motion. Repeat this exercise on the other side. Hold each position for 5 seconds and when finished relax slowly.
Neck Exercises and Ayurveda for patient
- The patient should be advised to sleep in a supine position with a small pillow.
- Computer operators must be taught to do flexion, extension, and rotation once in every half an hour for two-three times.
- Bed rest is advised for 3 days.
- A smooth massage is recommended.
- Lumber traction is more useful in clinical practice than cervical traction.
- Cervical neck traction aggravates the problem
- While giving a massage, pressure should not be given.
- All other physiotherapies are not much useful
- Keeping hand as pillows must be avoided.
- It is better to use small pillows
- Don’t keep your hand under head while you are watching TV.
- Use the towel slowly and carefully over the scalp once you finish bathing.
- Reduce using two-wheelers like bike etc.
- Don’t use the cell phone while driving.
If you are looking for a quality Ayurveda treatment in Nagpur then Parijatak can be called as the one stop shop for the patients with a wide range of issues like Frozen Shoulder, Obesity, Migraine, Stress, Joint Pain, Fatigue, Anxiety, Sinusitis, Back Pain, Digestive Disorder, Depression, Insomnia, Cervical Spondylitis, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hair Loss, Psoriasis, Asthma, Muscular, and Skin Disorders to name a few.
Here you can get the best panchakarma packages to address a wide range of health issues. All these all the diseases packages, which are formulated for the patients based as per the consultation with the Ayurveda doctors at Parijatak. You then would get the Panchakarma therapies that can help in addressing a wide range of ailments as discussed above.